Sunday, July 10, 2011

sunday drive.

highlights of today:

selkie screaming and crying before we even pulled out of the driveway.

waving goodbye to jessica and clay and hearing him say, "have fun storming the castle!"

seeing a baby foal running with her mom in arizona. seeing a brief glimpse of a elk through the woods.

rainstorm, lightning, rainbow.

me and milo pushing the car while alex steered it in neutral into the gas station at the nick of time.

the smell of flagstaff, arizona. pure delicious pine, enough clean air to make me happy for a lifetime.

also, just realizing that we will never be driving into the sunset on this trip. glorious.



2 comments:

  1. WAY better than picturing Chevy Chase et al.
    You guys rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like pure magic. Man I wish I could have been a half dead fly on your car watching you and Mr. Milo pushing it. And I loved driving into Flagstaff too.

    ReplyDelete