Wednesday, July 13, 2011

kansas be true?






these pictures are not kansas.

they are of the glorious aforementioned arches national park from yesterday. they deserve to be put in this blog.

kansas, however, doesn't.

as my good friend aki wrote to me, "why does kansas exist anyway? is it really a state? why?"

the only thing kansas did for us today was give us a north dakota license plate. it gaveth, and then it took the fuck away.

i'm really zonked now, and so frickin' glad to be out of that state and into the beautiful missouri. going to crash on yet another crappy hotel mattress with one of my children inevitably kicking me and stealing covers all night long.

we're going to take another detour tomorrow, cause on our way through kansas city we saw a sign for the negro league museum, and milo's dream excursion is less than five miles away.

so now we know what we're doing in the morning. hell, the east coast will be there waiting for us, no matter how late we show up.

goodnight, all. thanks for reading, by the way--i like to think of all of you watching over us as we drive and drive and drive . . .

2 comments:

  1. Kansas is where I discovered my hotel mattress was covered in blood. And not of the menstrual variety. I like how I kinda would have been okay with that. But blood over the top of the mattress and down the sides...not okay. Thanks Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I think your husband is really cute.

    ReplyDelete