Tuesday, May 28, 2013

briny.

the salt water residue still tastes of the ocean on my skin, and i'm still finding sand between my toes even though i left the beach hours ago.

my cheeks flame from the sun-slap they received today.

there are products out there that people buy to make their hair feel like mine does, right now.

my mother called me twice in a row today because she was worried i hadn't called her back.

the state i'm in requires repeated watchings of former seasons of "arrested development" and ice cream.

the parrots in my neighborhood are really fucking noisy these days.  this is a sentence i never thought i'd write.  who lives in a place with wild parrots?

oh, i do.

this weekend my daughter asked me, "what are you doing?" when i went out the garage to find a book.  "finding a book," i said.  "i'm playing with my imaginary friends," she told me.  "you interrupted us."

balm, salve, lucidity, kindness.

tuesday folds into wednesday, weeks into the end of the month, and the summer tilts her head at me with a california-girl smile and flirts, just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment