Thursday, April 11, 2013

random, multiple thoughts that may or may not matter in the grand scheme of things.

i bruise easily, inside and out.

every time i get dirt under my fingernails, i think of my great-grandmother, and how she scraped her nails on a bar of ivory soap before she dug around in her garden.

this morning i dreamed i threw up an enormous black ball of gunk. goodbye, issues.

bugs love me. and i love bugs. i've rescued countless cockroaches around my neighborhood, and i'm not ashamed to say that.

i don't seem to be able to cry that much anymore. are the meds that powerful, i wonder?

every time i listen to a podcast of someone i admire, i always question my own choices, and wonder what i could've done with my life to be more like her. or him.

i adore my friends. they are my family.

i love my family, but they aren't so much my friends.

watching my children grow up is a blessed relief. i'm glad they can almost take care of themselves. almost. if only they would stop demanding that i get them a glass of water.

my work is my house of worship.

i am not my mother. but i love to drink out of large mason jars, just like her.

while picking a live louse out of one of my student's hair today, i . . . well, . . . i should just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment