Thursday, April 18, 2013

please.

"please don't hit your dog."

this i said to the man on the sidewalk in front of my house, swatting his tiny dog for running over and greeting mine.

"what did you say?"

"please don't hit your dog."

"why don't you mind your own business!"

me inside, reliving the moment, stomach clenched, tears rolling down, thinking, "please don't hit your dog, please don't bomb my town, please don't hate so much, please, please, please, good people of earth."

release, breathe, plead, pray. tears that cleanse, stain my face, remind me.

please, please, please.

2 comments:

  1. oh, hol - it's so wonderful to see a new post from you (and in this case, a plethora o' posts!)
    you were very brave to talk to the soul-less man who was hitting his dog. thank you for doing that - i might have been too scared.
    i also have painfully obvious dreams, but in truth i don't think my subconscious has the smarts to come up with whatever the hell those interviewer questions were...
    you are wonderful, and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry grissom, i love you right back.

    ReplyDelete