Monday, December 31, 2012

lisa lisa

there are a lot of things people could say about me.

there are many ways you could take me down, fill me up with sadness, make me feel like i am as small as they make 'em.

there are endless ways to get under my skin or get my goat.

however, no one can ever claim that i don't feel things deeply. specifically, no one can say that i missed the music of my teenage years, and that it didn't impact me in ways both tragic and spiritual. no one can say that top-40 didn't make me who i am today.

yesterday i proved that by singing the words to "all cried out" by lisa lisa. all the words. all. the. words. words that i haven't thought of in years came to me in a second before they were needed, and in kim's kitchen, amidst the women whom i love so much, i was a superstar. they were amazed by me, by my retention, by my devotion to retelling the tale of a love gone wrong. all i needed was a simple hello, people. but the traffic was so noisy that you could not hear my cry-ay-ay-ay.

i rocked that shit.

today i can't get the damned song out of my head, but laughing that hard with my best friends was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment